Sunday, August 28, 2011

MORE KINDNESS THIS WEEK

Debbie has been much more cooperative and happy this week.  I think much of that has to do with a visit from our friend Lisa.  Thank You so much Lisa!  It has made my week much easier.

There is an old saying that says don't bring me flowers, meaning if you don't have time for me when I'm alive, don't send flowers to my funeral!  Of course, anyone who knows me knows how opinionated I can be.  This is exactly how I feel.

Sometimes I feel like Deb and I are in a race to see who will be outta here first.  This is where my thoughts on congrunecy comes in.  If you tell me you are going to visit Deb, but don't ever seem to be able to find the time, DON'T SEND FLOWERS!  Don't tell me your intentions if your not capable of following through on good intentions.  We give a person hope when we tell them we are going to come and then don't.  To me that is much more unkind than just doing nothing at all.

Everyone's life has some value until its over and just because a person ends up in one of these places does not mean there is no longer any value.  No one wants to be forgotten.

That being said, it is good and it is appropriate to set limits in these kind of situations so as to not be manipulated.

"Use wisdom in all things"

No comments:

Post a Comment